- 7 oz (198 g) tremendous high quality almond flour (I take advantage of King Arthur)
- 1 oz (28 g) coconut flour
- 1 scoop (approx 1/3 oz/ 10 g) unflavored collagen peptides powder (I take advantage of Vital Proteins)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp high quality sea salt
- 6 tbsp (3 oz/ 85 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz (113 g) granulated sweetener (I take advantage of Swerve)
- 4 giant eggs
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 c (4 fl oz/ 118 ml) boxed coconut milk, unsweetened (the skinny stuff from the carton, I take advantage of So Delicious)*
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla flavored liquid stevia drops (I take advantage of Sweetleaf drops)
Chocolate Icing components:
- 2 sticks (8 oz/ 227 g) salted butter
- 2 oz (57 g) unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped or damaged into smallish chunks
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa pwder
- 1/4 tsp chocolate flavored liquid stevia drops (I take advantage of Sweetleaf drops)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c (2.68 fl oz/ 79 ml) bitter cream, chilly
- 5 oz (142 g) powdered sweetener (I take advantage of Swerve Confectioner’s), sifted to take away any lumps
- 6 tbsp heavy cream, chilly
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F and put together two 8″ spherical cake pans by lining the bottoms with parchment. Arrange the pans on a baking sheet and put aside.
- Stir collectively all of the dry components and put aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, start creaming the softened butter on medium velocity. Once it begins to look lighter, add the granulated sweetener and proceed to cream till effectively mixed, and the combination is gentle and fluffy.
- Scrape down the edges, then beat in eggs, separately, on medium velocity. Don’t overlook to scrape down the edges between every addition.
- In a measuring cup, mix the heavy cream, coconut milk, liquid stevia, and vanilla extract and blend effectively.
- Alternate beating within the almond flour combination and the cream combination, starting and ending with the dry components, till simply included.
- Scrape down the edges and alongside the underside effectively, then beat on medium one other 30 seconds to aerate the batter a little bit.
- Divide the batter between the 2 cake pans evenly, then gently shake the pans to evenly distribute the batter in every pan. If obligatory, flatten the highest evenly with an angled knife or spatula. Use the pan to get each muffins into the oven.
- Bake the muffins at 350 levels F for 25-Half-hour, or till the tops are starting to look golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle of 1 cake comes out clear. The sides of the muffins must also start pulling away from the pan a little bit.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let stand to chill within the pans for ten minutes.
- Carefully loosen the edges of the muffins, then invert them onto a cooling rack to chill fully.
Make the icing:
- Melt the butter and chocolate collectively within the microwave, on half energy and in 30-second increments. Be positive to stir effectively in between every heating and cease when simply melted collectively.
- Set apart to chill for 5 minutes or so.
- Beat within the cocoa powder, stevia, vanilla, and bitter cream.
- Beat within the powdered swerve (sifted) a spoonful or two at a time.
- Beat within the heavy cream till it’s all clean and included.
Assemble the cake:
- When the muffins are fully cool, place one cake, prime aspect down so the flat, backside is dealing with up.
- Ice the highest of this layer effectively with about 1/3 of the frosting.
- Carefully place the second layer on prime of the frosting, once more with the flat, backside aspect dealing with up.
- Place the cake within the fridge for 15-20 minutes to set.
- With an angled knife (an icing knife) frost the highest and sides of the cake with a skinny layer of icing. This is your crumb layer, so it doesn’t must be good. You simply want a coating to catch any crumbs and so your ultimate layer will likely be clean.
- Place the cake within the fridge one other 15-20 minutes to set.
- Frost the cake with a ultimate layer with the remaining icing and end with any garnish you’d like.
- Place the cake within the fridge for a ultimate 15-20 minutes to set.
- Slice into 20 items and serve, as desired. Store leftovers within the fridge. For finest consistency, let any refrigerated cake stand a couple of minutes earlier than serving.
*You might exchange the unsweetened coconut milk for unsweetened almond milk, if desired.
per 1 slice (1/20 of the cake): 258 cal, 4.8 g protein, 25.3 g fats, 17.2 g carbs, 1.8 g fiber, 12.7 g sugar alcohols, 2.7 g NET carbs
Keywords: Yellow cake, birthday cake, chocolate icing, jiffy cake, southern birthday cake